Northern Wasco County Park & Recreation District
Lifeguard Job Description
Job Title: Lifeguard
Reports To: Aquatic Manager
Hourly Wage Range: $11.00 - $12.50
Hours Per Week: 40 or less
Classification: Seasonal Part-Time, Non-benefitted
Employee duties include lifeguarding, cashiering, and maintenance tasks. All staff are expected to convey good public relations and follow established policies and procedures for safe, fun and efficient operation of the District pool. He/she will receive instructions and report to the Aquatic Manager.
1. Possess or have ability to attain current Red Cross Lifeguard certificate valid through September 30, 2019.
2. Attend required staff training and in-services.
3. Wear required uniform.
4. 15 years of age or older.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prevent accidents through the enforcement of policies, rules, and regulations governing the conduct of guests using the pools.
2. Be friendly, helpful, and cheerful to all pool guests and fellow employees.
3. Maintain a “we can” atmosphere through good public relations.
4. Be punctual when reporting for duty.
5. Maintain an acceptable appearance of both uniform and personal hygiene at all times.
6. Set a good example of proper pool conduct for guests to follow.
7. Prepare Accident, Incident, and Rescue Reports as needed.
8. Swim 500 meters each week of employment to maintain a good fitness level.
9. Have knowledge of entire program offerings and be able to convey that information to guests.
10. Work as a cashier as needed and fulfill all the responsibilities of cashier while in that position.
11. Do pool maintenance as needed, which includes but is not limited to: pool vacuuming, hosing and disinfection of decks, locker rooms, etc., cleaning and maintaining entire facility throughout the day.
12. Report safety concerns to supervisor as needed.
13. Complete Department Audits as required.
14. Complete tasks assigned by supervisor.
1. Ability to work irregular work shifts – weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
2. Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
3. Required to do pool maintenance as needed.
4. Required to perform all duties of a cashier.
Please provide a professional resume, N.W.C.P.R.D. employment application ( www.nwprd.org/jobs/ ) and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or N.W.C.P.R.D. Human Resources; 602 W 2nd Street; The Dalles, OR 97058